List of National Parks in Maine
Acadia National Park
Acadia National Park, located in the state of Maine, is a breathtaking destination known for its scenic beauty and stunning landscapes. With a rich diversity of ecosystems, including rugged coastline, pristine lakes, and lush forests, it offers visitors a unique natural experience.
Closest Major Airports: Bangor International Airport (50 miles), Portland International Jetport (179 miles)
- Official Website: https://www.nps.gov/acad/index.htm
- Phone Number: 207-288-3338
- Mailing Address: Acadia National Park, P.O. Box 177, Bar Harbor, ME 04609
Baxter State Park
Baxter State Park is a wilderness escape located in north-central Maine. Spanning over 200,000 acres, it is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise, offering stunning views, numerous hiking trails, and the iconic Mount Katahdin, the highest peak in Maine. This park provides a true wilderness experience with limited development and an abundance of wildlife.
Closest Major Airports: Bangor International Airport (74 miles)
- Official Website: https://baxterstatepark.org/
- Phone Number: 207-723-5140
- Mailing Address: Baxter State Park, 64 Balsam Drive, Millinocket, ME 04462
Roosevelt Campobello International Park
Roosevelt Campobello International Park is a unique park shared by both the United States and Canada. Located on Campobello Island, it preserves the summer retreat of former U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt. The park offers a glimpse into the life of the Roosevelts, with beautifully maintained grounds, walking trails, and a visitor center showcasing their history.
Closest Major Airports: Saint John Airport, Canada (45 miles)
- Official Website: https://www.fdr.net/
- Phone Number: 506-752-2922
- Mailing Address: Roosevelt Campobello International Park, P.O. Box 129, Lubec, ME 04652
Katahdin Woods and Waters National Monument
Katahdin Woods and Waters National Monument, established in 2016, is a captivating area located in northern Maine. This designated national monument spans approximately 87,563 acres and showcases the region’s natural beauty. The park offers hiking, camping, fishing, and wildlife viewing opportunities amidst its unspoiled wilderness.
Closest Major Airports: Bangor International Airport (79 miles)
- Official Website: https://www.nps.gov/kaww/index.htm
- Phone Number: 207-456-6001
- Mailing Address: Katahdin Woods and Waters National Monument, P.O. Box 557, Patten, ME 04765
Appalachian National Scenic Trail
The Appalachian National Scenic Trail, commonly known as the Appalachian Trail or A.T., stretches over 2,000 miles, passing through 14 states including Maine. This iconic trail is a haven for hikers and outdoor enthusiasts, providing an unparalleled experience in the heart of nature.
Closest Major Airports: Bangor International Airport (37 miles)
- Official Website: https://www.appalachiantrail.org/
- Phone Number: 304-535-6331
- Mailing Address: Appalachian Trail Conservancy, 799 Washington Street, Harpers Ferry, WV 25425
Maine boasts several remarkable national parks and trails that showcase the state’s natural beauty and provide countless opportunities for outdoor adventure. Whether exploring Acadia National Park’s diverse landscapes, embarking on an epic journey on the Appalachian Trail, or immersing in the wilderness of Baxter State Park, these protected areas leave lasting impressions on visitors. Plan your next escape to Maine’s national parks and prepare to be awe-inspired by the wonders of nature.