Acadia National Park, like many national parks in the United States, charges entrance fees to help support its maintenance, conservation efforts, and visitor services. These fees apply to private vehicles, motorcycles, pedestrians, and cyclists entering the park.
Acadia National Park Entrance Fee 2023
- Private Vehicle: $35 for a 7-day pass. This pass covers all occupants of a single, non-commercial vehicle entering the park.
- Motorcycle: $30 for a 7-day pass. This pass covers one motorcycle and its riders.
- Individual (Pedestrian, Cyclist): $20 for a 7-day pass. This pass covers individuals entering the park by foot or bicycle.
- Annual Pass: An annual pass is available for $55, which provides unlimited entry to Acadia National Park for one year from the month of purchase. This pass can be a cost-effective choice for frequent visitors or those planning multiple visits within a year.
- Large group: Groups entering Acadia by bus, van, or other high-capacity vehicles (16 people or more) must pay an organized group entrance fee.
- Adults (from 16 years old and over): $20/per person.
- Youth (under 16 years old): free
It’s important to note that the entrance fees mentioned above are subject to change, and it’s recommended to check the official Acadia National Park website or contact the park directly for the most up-to-date information on fees before planning your visit.
Additionally, there are fee-free days during the year when entrance fees are waived to encourage more people to enjoy the national parks. These fee-free days typically include National Park Week in April, National Public Lands Day in September, and Veterans Day in November. During these days, you can enter Acadia National Park without paying an entrance fee.
2023 fee-free days
No entrance pass required for Acadia National Park on these days:
- Monday, 01-16-2023 — Birthday of Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Saturday, 04-22-2023 — First Day of National Park Week
- Friday, 08-04 -2023— The Great American Outdoors Act
- Saturday, 09-23-2023 — National Public Lands Day
- Saturday, 11-11-2023 — Veterans Day
Entrance fees collected by national parks contribute to maintaining and enhancing the park’s facilities, trails, visitor centers, and conservation programs, ensuring that these natural treasures are preserved for generations to come.
Tag: Acadia National Park entrance fee, entrance fee for Acadia National Park, entrance fee to Acadia National Park, Acadia National Park entrance fees, Acadia entrance fee, Acadia national park cost, Acadia national park fee